Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 145 3/5/10 Friday

Slowly getting better again. Coffee milkshake time!

Today in counseling, A mentioned that chemo induces depression in a lot of people. Oooooohhhhh… well that totally explains the extra amount of bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. I think that also provided much needed explanation and an extra dose of patience to the bf over my extreme mood swings, aside from the obvious reasons of feeling crappy 75% of the time.

Oooh on Grey’s Anatomy last night, one of the patients survived leukemia AND lymphoma, only to have pulmonary fibrosis (scarring of the lung tissue) as a side effect from the radiation. Of course, he ended up surviving this crazy lung transplant thing.

The bf turned to me and asked, “could that happen to you?” And I replied “Well, I’m having my heart and lungs tested next week for damage from chemo! But I’m sure everything is fine.” Hmmm, he wasn’t reassured by that. I am simply refusing to believe that there will be much if any damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment